I am pleased to say that lots of parents ventured back to school on Wednesday evening to put forward their thoughts and ideas about the future of the PTA. A number of others, who were unable to attend, had also shared their views in person or via email before the meeting. If you have ideas or further suggestions then it is not too late! Please just pop in and see me.
There will be a follow up letter but a summary of the main points from the meeting and discussions are as follows.
- There is a strong desire for parents to continue to raise additional funds for school, which they recognise benefits all children. I would like you to help us raise money for the following things; Subsidy of an annual visit to Eastnor Pottery for all children with links to our Art and Design curriculum: Renovation of the school playground and an outdoor shelter or shed for reading, drawing etc; A day's training session for all children with ‘Dan the Skipping Man’!
- Moving forwards, there will be a small named committee (which is Mandatory for all charities) with the roles of Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. These roles will be given a brief job description and opened to all parents.
- It is recognised that the PTA cannot work as a closed group; all parents are Friends of Eastnor. The aim moving forwards will be to have regular communication, via parentmail, so all parents feel fully informed and involved.
- There will be three high quality events each year- one for each term- with the addition of the Secret Room and the Leavers Disco which are thought to be two of the children's favourites!
- We will continue to make as many bids for additional funding, such as the Bags for Help at Tesco, as possible.
- The aim will be for there to be many hands making light work at each event. Helping with one aspect of an event (that appeals to you!) each year is all we need. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the others with your own family and friends!
- Each event will be varied and will aim to appeal to the Eastnor families and also the wider community to maximise income.
- Dates will be decided and communicated well in advance, and will form part of the annual diary dates so everyone knows when to keep free!
I feel confident that we can revive the PTA, with relevant changes that will bring a positive outcome for the parents wishing to help, both old and new, and for the children we all want to fundraise for.
Many thanks for your continued support.