PE and Sport Premium
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport” National Vision for School Sport and PE
What is Sports Premium?
Through the Department of Education, the Government is investing more than £150m per year to primary schools in the form of the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund.
Schools have been issued with this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that is offered.
At Eastnor C of E Primary School, careful consideration has been given as to how this money is best spent. Our rational for spending the money is;
- To improve the quality of the sport and PE that we are already offering to the children our school, ensuring all children benefit from the funding.
- Use specialist teachers and coaches to enhance provision.
- Offer training opportunities to staff to improve teaching and learning and for CPD.
- Ensure the school is able to participate in local tournaments and host their own events.
- Encourage more participation in a wider range of after school activities for all children.
Please see the attached documents which demonstrate how the funding has impacted PE provision and development at Eastnor to date.
You can find out more about our schools excellent sporting achievments by visiting our 'Outstanding Sport' page on this website.
We are fully committed to providing positive sporting experiences for the whole school communuty so that children go onto live healthy active lives.